Sunday, November 29, 2009

thankful for Thanksgiving







We had a very relaxed Thanksgiving Day this year. The day before all of the food, Mason's preschool put on an incredible Thanksgiving party. The next day was unusually quiet doing dinner with just our little family, but we spiced things up with some time playihg outside in the fresh snowfall. Scott tried out our latest purchase - a truck with a SNOWPLOW. Okay, are we Alaskan rednecks yet? I have to admit it is handy for plowing the 150 ft. driveway at our new house. To add to our redneckedness (a word?) we did a few doughnuts in the street with our riding lawnmower. Hey, don't knock it till you try it! Tate took an unfortunate tumble in the snow but recovered very quickly. I guess we are training him to be immune to the cold. It's a good thing we relaxed Thanksgiving day because the renovations on our house are moving full steam ahead. We spent eleven hours working on Saturday - most of that was spent removing stupid wallpaper. I HATE WALLPAPER RIGHT NOW. My fingers hurt, my back hurts, my neck hurts, my forearms hurt...should I go on? We have tried wallpaper removers, witch doctor mixtures found online, nothing works except using a razorblade to peel of the top vinyl layer and then going back to remove the adhesive. Sounds like fun, right?! I must at least admit it feels good to finally get things moving. On another note: I'm going to try to figure out a way to do additional column on the blog entitled "Only In Alaska." We've seen/experienced quite a few things that seem to be unique to Alaska. Some things are good, some things are weird and some things have just been plain hilarious. This column will feature things like: only in Alaska do preschoolers get moose jerky for their snack, and only in Alaska do preschoolers take a fieldtrip icefishing. So get ready for a little taste of Alaska's flavor!

1 comment:

  1. mmmm...moose jerky. so there's this other blog i read...ms. nemesis or something like that. she's from alaska, but lives in UT somewhere...but she was writing about her mothers ward cook book and how 95% of it was for moose recipes, with some fish ones in there too. i'm excited about "only in alaska"

    ReplyDelete