Sunday, November 22, 2009

Jumping on the Bandwagon

Okay, so this has been a long time coming. Now that we live so far from our friends and family, creating a blog was basically inevitable. I've been meaning to do it since we moved but have been putting it off. Scott, tired of waiting for me, took the initiative and started things off for me. Here is a brief breakdown of the last few months: Tate Rex Hancey was born July 9, we moved to Alaska two months later, Mason turned five, we bought a house last week. Our time in Alaska has been incredible so far. We have absolutely loved it here. The fall was beautiful and surprisingly warm. We finally had our first snowfall two weeks ago. The temperatures lately have been, uh, you could say chilly. Our usual daytime temp. has been around -5 to 0. But today we warmed up to a balmy 23. Strangely enough, the cold hasn't really bothered me. I will try and be good about posting, but we are starting the house renovations this week so they might be a little irregular for awhile. I am also going to include a few pictures of the last two and a half months. Enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new baby, home and blog!!! Alaska looks beautiful and cold. Glad you are all happy and well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proud of you! I'm glad you are loving Alaska. I want to see pictures of your house and ll your remodel projects!

    Your boys are adorable. I can't believe how much Tate looks like Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahoo! blogs are good, though i'm not great at posting on mine. =) i'm so glad you guys finally just did it and moved to AK...i know you've been wanting to forever. miss you guys so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sending me this! I am excited to follow your adventures! Your boys are so adorable! Our blog address is havenzeke.blogspot.com so you can check it out as well. I hope things are going well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YEAH! I'm so glad I can keep up with you guys now. :) Your kiddos are so cute and Alaska looks so beautiful. I'm glad you guys are doing so well! Our blog is tylerandtiffany.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah! You did it! What an adventure you have been on the last little while. I'm glad the cold hasn't bothered you yet. Let me know how it is treating you come March!

    ReplyDelete