The remodel marches on, consuming most of my days (or nights) off. I was going to mud the pantry today, and Christina said if I got my new pants dirty I was gonna be in big trouble! Solution - just take them off.

Here's a photo of Christina with her new cabinets and...well... that's pretty much all we have in the kitchen. The subflooring should be done tomorrow and tile in next weekend.

Christina and Mason wanted freshly baked cookies to accompany the movie "G-force" last night. Cookies are a tall order when you don't have an oven, but we improvised with a pizza stone and the blaze king wood burning stove. It took some fine tuning to get the cookies to turn out. Here's a photo of Mason with one of the trial and error cookies. Maybe we got a little carried away with the fire because at one point the thermostat said 94 degrees.

This picture is old, and the snow is now gone due to the 80 mph hurricane force winds we had last week, but I still like it. It's all the snow that slowly slid off the roof of our greenhouse as the boys and I call it a day after working on the house.
Ok, so now that I'm finally getting to checking up on you via your blog, I am amazed at how adventurous you are. Geoff and I would be up a creek if we had to remodel a home by ourselves in Alaska away from family. I'm 100% impressed!
ReplyDeletethat thing of snow/ice on your green house might beat out the 20 food icicles back in NY...it's pretty cool. and yay for new cabinets!!!
ReplyDelete